Apple and Pumpkin Streusel Muffins Recipe
I’m continuing our pumpkin trend! Of course I am, it’s that time of year. I think a lot of people are ready for Fall this year, after the long hot summer we’ve had. But, let’s mix it up a little bit and combine pumpkin and apple!
These delightful treats are made from scratch using flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, fresh apples, and ground cinnamon. The muffins are topped in a sweet streusel made with flour, sugar, ground cinnamon, and butter.
They are perfect for breakfast, a snack, or dessert. They go great with coffee!
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Apple and Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups apples peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Prepare an 18 cup muffin tin by spraying with non-stick cooking spray, or lining with muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a sifter, sift together 2½ cups of the all-purpose flour, 2 cups of sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Set aside for later.
- In another mixing bowl, add pumpkin puree, eggs, and vegetable oil. Stir to mix well.
- Stir the pumpkin mix into the flour mix until just moistened.
- Gently fold the apples into the mixture
- In the prepared muffin cups, using a spoon, fill 18 cups with batter.
- In a small mixing bowl, add ¼ cup of sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour, and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Stir to mix well.
- Cut in butter to make coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the streusel on top of each filled muffin cup.
- In preheated oven, bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
You May also Like:
- Easy Spinach Green Chile Quiche
- Favorite Blooming Onion with Sauce
- 5 Ingredient Homemade Root Beer
- Baked Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Broiled Banana Splits (Quick and Delicious Dessert)