How to Make Homemade Egg Noodles Recipe
How to Make Homemade Egg Noodles. This recipe will show you how to make fresh egg noodles using a pasta machine.
Only three ingredients, flour, salt, and eggs.
Use your stand mixer to make the dough, press the dough in a pasta machine, dry, and cut to egg noodles in the pasta machine.
Fresh pasta tastes so much better than packaged.
Serve with your favorite sauce and toppings.
It’s a lot of work, but it’s worth it!
Kid Friendly Comfort Food.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
Experience the ultimate convenience and style with the STANLEY Adventure Quencher Travel Tumbler 40oz, the must-have item of the year! Keep your drinks perfectly chilled or steaming hot all day, making every adventure more enjoyable.
Don’t have a Stand Mixer? This is the one we use, and recommend:
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
How to Make Homemade Egg Noodles
- In a stand mixer or a large bowl if using a hand mixer, add eggs and beat well.
- Add salt, and 1 cup of the flour. Beat until combined.
- Add the other 1 cup of flour.
- Fix a dough hook attachment on the mixer, and mix until the pasta dough pulls away from the bowl.
- On a floured surface, turn out dough, and knead until elastic and smooth.
- Divide the pasta dough into 4 pieces.
- Using a pasta maker, roll out the pasta dough to desired thickness. If it sticks, add flour. Starting with the #1 setting, then roll again at the #2 setting, then roll again at the #4 setting.
- On a flat surface, place paper towels. Lay the rolled out pasta on the paper towels to dry for approx 2 – 3 hours.
- Using the pasta maker, cut fettucine size strips.
- Layout to dry for approx 1 hour.
- In a large pot, add water and add a little salt.
- Over high heat, bring to a boil
- Add pasta noodles and boil for approx 5 – 7 minutes or until at desired tenderness.
- Using a colander, drain water off pasta.
- Serve with desired sauce and toppings.
You May also Like:
- Copycat Baileys Irish Cream
- Fried Macaroni and Cheese Balls
- Colcannon (Irish Mashed Potatoes)
- Irish Guinness Beef Stew
- Irish Corned Beef and Cabbage