American Goulash with Ground Beef Recipe
American Goulash with Ground Beef Recipe.
A delicious comfort food dinner recipe.
Made with onion, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, bay leaf, chicken broth, marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, elbow macaroni, white cheddar cheese, and Italian parsley.
You can also add some chopped green bell peppers if you like.
This kid friendly meal will be a hit with the whole family.
Ground Beef Recipes
Kid Friendly Recipes
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
- Don’t have a Meat Masher? Check it out, it’s life changing!
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
American Goulash with Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- pinch cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 qt chicken broth
- 1 jar (24oz) marinara sauce
- 1 can (15oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup Italian parsley chopped
- In a large pot, add oil and heat over medium/high heat.
- Add ground beef and onion.
- Using a meat masher or spatula, break-up meat while cooking approx 5 minutes or until beef is cooked and browned.
- When ground beef is browned, cook while stirring approx 5 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add in salt, black pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning, paprika, cayenne pepper, and bay leaves.
- Stir and cook approx 3 minutes to combine spices.
- Stir in chicken broth, marinara sauce, tomatoes, 1 cup of water, and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn heat up to medium/high and bring to a light boil.
- Stir in macaroni and simmer approx 10-12 minutes, stir often until macaroni is tender.
- Take off heat and throw away the bay leaves.
- Add in parsley and Cheddar cheese. Stir to mix well.
- Place a lid on the pot and let rest for 5 minutes.
You May also Like:
- Easy Broiled Banana Splits (Quick and Delicious Dessert)
- Melt in Your Mouth Barbecue Pork Ribs
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Hamburgers
- Irresistible Honey Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Dip
- Salted Caramel Almond Cupcakes