Maple and Brown Sugar Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Maple and Brown Sugar Sweet Potatoes Recipe. This is a great side dish recipe that everyone will love! Delicious sweet potatoes, coated in maple syrup and brown sugar.
All you need to make this dish is sweet potatoes, butter, maple syrup, brown sugar, flaked coconut, and chopped pecans. Perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or the Holidays. Your guests will love this recipe, and so will the kids!
Sweet potatoes aren’t only for Fall and The Holidays, you can enjoy them all year round. If you make them once, you will want them again!
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Maple and Brown Sugar Sweet Potatoes
- In a large saucepan, add sweet potatoes, and cover with water.
- Place saucepan over medium/high heat and bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 25 – 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Prepare an 8×8 inch baking pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a colander, drain water off of sweet potatoes and allow to cool.
- When potatoes are cooled enough to handle, peel and cut into large cubes.
- In prepared baking dish, place sweet potatoes in an even layer.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add butter, sugar, coconut, and syrup.
- Stirring continuously, heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until butter is melted and ingredients are well combined.
- Pour mixture on top of the sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes, until top is lightly browned.
You May also Like:
- Simple Italian Sponge Cake
- Best Grilled Barbecue Ribs
- Quick and Easy Garlic Knots
- Best Au Gratin Scalloped Potatoes
- Spicy Jalapeno Hush Puppies