Mexican Chilaquiles (Breakfast Nachos) Recipe
Mexican Chilaquiles (Breakfast Nachos) Recipe.
A spicy breakfast, or brunch recipe with onion, fried corn tortillas, eggs, Mexican Style hot tomato sauce, and Monterey Jack cheese.
This version is vegetarian and Gluten Free.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
Experience the ultimate convenience and style with the STANLEY Adventure Quencher Travel Tumbler 40oz, the must-have item of the year! Keep your drinks perfectly chilled or steaming hot all day, making every adventure more enjoyable.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Mexican Chilaquiles (Breakfast Nachos)
- In a large heavy bottom skillet, add oil.
- Heat oil to 350° F
- Carefully add in tortilla pieces, and onion.
- Fry until golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer tortilla pieces and onions to paper towels to drain.
- Drain oil from skillet, but don't wipe down.
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Add tortillas and onions back to the skillet,
- Stir in eggs.
- Cook while stirring until the eggs are cooked.
- Add in water and Mexican-style hot tomato sauce. Stir to mix.
- Reduce heat and simmer approx 10 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Add cheese on top of tortillas.
- Cook until the cheese is melted.
You May also Like:
- Copycat Chicken Enchilada Soup (Chili’s)
- Skillet Cabbage Rolls (Ground Beef)
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Taco Meat
- Cinnamon Rolls Using a Bread Machine
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza