Perfect Roasted Chicken Recipe
I love roast chicken. In fact, I think it’s the perfect food to make for a dinner party or family gathering. It’s simple and delicious! The best part about it is that there are so many ways you can season your bird before cooking it and then after baking it in the oven, you will have a moist and flavorful protein on your hands that everyone will enjoy eating.
So today we’re going to show you how to prepare one of my favorite recipes. The perfect roasted chicken is the backbone of many delicious meals: sandwiches, soups, salads and more!
Made with a whole chicken and ingredients you probably have in your cupboard and refrigerator, you will need margarine, garlic sat, dried thyme, dried parsley, dried rosemary, and course black pepper.
You will only spend 15 minutes prepping this dinner. It makes 12 servings so you can feed a large party, or have left-overs for lunch, or additional dinners. This versatile dish will please the whole family.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Perfect Roast Chicken
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Prepare chicken by rinsing and patting dry with paper towels
- In a mixing bowl, add margarine, thyme, garlic salt, rosemary, parsley, and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Rub spice mix all over the chicken, and whatever is left inside the chicken.
- In a glass baking dish. Place the chicken.
- In preheated oven, bake approximately 2 hours, or until the chicken is cooked, when pierced the juices run clear, and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest pare of the chicken reads 160° F.
You May also Like:
- Simple Italian Sponge Cake
- Best Grilled Barbecue Ribs
- Quick and Easy Garlic Knots
- Best Au Gratin Scalloped Potatoes
- Spicy Jalapeno Hush Puppies