Stove-Top Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
A quick and easy kid-friendly dinner, or lunch recipe made with elbow macaroni, butter, all-purpose flour, salt, ground black pepper, milk, and shredded Cheddar cheese.
Ready in just 30 minutes this makes a great option for busy times. This comfort food will warm you on a cold Fall or Winter night. No need to turn on the oven for this classic dish.
Never underestimate the power of a good mac and cheese. This dish is one that’s been around for ages, and it’ll be around forever! That’s because no matter who you are or where you come from, everyone loves macaroni and cheese.
A staple in most kitchens, this recipe is easy to make on the stove-top with just a few ingredients and it’s vegetarian too!
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Stove-Top Macaroni and Cheese
- Prepare macaroni noodles as directed on the package.
- In the meantime, place a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add butter and melt.
- Using a whisk, stir in the flour, stirring for 3 – 5 minutes to make a roux.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Add milk a little at a time stirring well in between.
- Stir constant and cook until bubbling.
- Add cheese a little at a time stirring well in between.
- Stir and cook until cheese has melted.
- In a colander, drain water off of macaroni.
- Add macaroni into the cheese mixture and stir to coat evenly and well.
- Serve immediately.
You May also Like:
- Best Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Copycat Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper
- Chicken Cranberry and Brie Pizza
- Easy Skillet Apple Pie
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake