Pumpkin Mushroom Risotto Recipe
Pumpkin Mushroom Risotto is a very creamy dish that you will want to make again and again.
Risotto is one of the few dishes that have a separate name for the different styles made, in this case risotto Its preparation involves stirring a long time to release starch to give it its creamy texture.
It takes quite a long time to make but the end result is soooo worth it! So since I love risotto recipes so much you can expect more great ones coming in the future.
Risotto is a traditional appetizer or side dish recipe.
Risotto has been a staple dish of Italy since the 16th century when it was created by adding ingredients to Arborio rice and stirring it frequently. The result is a style of rice called “Arborio”.
Pumpkin season is a time for harvest, which means it’s time for pumpkin pies, pumpkin latte, and of course the roasting of the fall vegetable. This vegetable is packed full of beta-carotene and fiber. It also has calcium, zinc, iron and potassium.
Take advantage of fresh pumpkin and make this savory dish.
This recipe is made with butter, onion, garlic, Arborio rice, diced pumpkin, vegetable broth, and Parmesan cheese.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Pumpkin Mushroom Risotto
- Note: Once you start, do not walk away even for a minute.
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add oil and butter. Stir to melt and combine.
- Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring lightly until onion is translucent.
- Add rice and stir to coat well.
- Cook rice approx 1 minute
- Add mushrooms and pumpkin and stir to combine.
- Add 1 cup of the hot vegetable stock. Stir to mix well.
- Cook, stirring frequently, heating to a gentle simmer, not a boil, until the broth is almost absorbed.
- Stir and and in 1 cup of hot vegetable stock, stir occasionally, and cook until it is absorbed. Repeat the process until all of the broth is absorbed, and the rice becomes tender.
- Add in parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper, Stir to mix well.
- Serve immediately
You May also Like:
- Simple Italian Sponge Cake
- Best Grilled Barbecue Ribs
- Quick and Easy Garlic Knots
- Best Au Gratin Scalloped Potatoes
- Spicy Jalapeno Hush Puppies