Apple and Sausage Stuffing Recipe
Take your stuffing up a notch! Classic stuffing is delicious, but why not add a few things to make it even better?
This side dish is made with ground pork breakfast sausage, butter, celery, onion, water chestnuts, herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix, apples, and chicken broth.
These flavors combine together to create a savory dish that will make your mouth water when you smell it cooking in the oven. I hope this inspires all of us to try something new when we’re cooking Thanksgiving dinner next year!
This is great for Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas, The Holidays, or with your favorite meal.
The recipe makes 12 servings, but if your family is like mine and the stuffing is the most important part of the meal, you can easily increase the servings. I usually double the recipe.
Side Dish Recipes
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Apple and Sausage Stuffing
- ½ lb ground pork breakfast sausage
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup celery chopped
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 1 can (4oz) water chestnuts drained and chopped
- 1 pkg (12oz) herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix
- 1 apples peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 tbsp chicken broth
- Place a large deep skillet over medium/high heat. Add sausage and cook until browned evenly.
- Drain off grease and set aside for later.
- Place a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, add butter and melt.
- Add water chestnuts, onion, and celery. Stir to mix. Cook while stirring until they become tender.
- Take off stove and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325° F
- Prepare the stuffing mix according to the instructions on the package.
- In the prepared stuffing, stir in the celery mix, sausage, apples, and chicken broth.
- Transfer to baking dish.
- In preheated oven, bake 30 minutes, or until browned lightly.
You May also Like:
- Melt in Your Mouth Barbecue Pork Ribs
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Hamburgers
- Irresistible Honey Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Dip
- Salted Caramel Almond Cupcakes
- Best Banana Bread (Without Nuts)