Oktoberfest Kielbasa on a Pretzel Roll Recipe
If you’re looking for a new twist on your traditional Oktoberfest beer and bratwurst, this is the dish for you! This recipe combines two of our favorite fall foods: Kielbasa sausage and pretzel rolls.
A quick and easy meal made with mustard, kielbasa sausage, shredded cabbage, sweet onion, apple cider vinegar, Swiss cheese, and parsley. These tasty sliders are great for dinner or game day. One slider is only 129 calories and 5 grams of carbs.
What is Oktoberfest
Oktoberfest is a popular time to drink beer, eat food, and celebrate. Originally celebrated in Munich, Germany on October 12th each year, Oktoberfest has since become an international celebration of German culture. The event typically lasts for 16 days with the highlight being the festival’s final day – October 3rd.
The annual festival has grown so large that it now takes place over two weekends with six tents hosting around 20 different breweries each weekend. These tents are also home to wineries where visitors can sample wines from all across Europe as well as other vendors selling cheese wheels or fried pork sausages called “bratwurst.” There are even historical demonstrations including traditional folk dances throughout the grounds!
What is Kielbasa
Kielbasa is a type of smoked sausage that is popular in Eastern Europe and sometimes referred to as Polish bacon. It’s typically made from ground pork and beef, with garlic, salt, pepper and other seasonings like coriander or caraway seeds added for flavor.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Oktoberfest Kielbasa on a Pretzel Roll
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Using a sharp knife, make a slit across the top center of each pretzel roll.
- Spread the mustard in the slit.
- Place on a baking sheet
- Place kielbasa sausage in slit.
- Using a small mixing bowl, add onion, cabbage, salt, and vinegar. Toss to coat.
- Put cabbage mix on top of kielbasa sausage.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of cabbage mix.
- In preheated oven, bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and becomes bubbly.
- To serve: Garnish with parsley.
You May also Like:
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake
- Easy Copycat Chex Mix
- Quick and Easy Italian Bruschetta
- Copycat Denny’s French Toast
- Copycat Auntie Anne’s Soft Pretzels