Apple Crumble Coffee Cake Recipe
This recipe is great for any time of day. It has a really lovely apple and cinnamon flavor that will keep you coming back for more.
The crumble on top provides the perfect texture to compliment the moist cake below. This makes it one of my favorite coffee cakes to make! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
Apple Crumble Coffee Cake Recipe from scratch is a delicious breakfast, brunch, or dessert recipe made with butter, light brown sugar, eggs, flour, ground cinnamon, baking soda, salt, light sour cream, pure vanilla extract, and Granny Smith apples.
The perfect Fall recipe that you will make over and over. This family friendly, vegetarian treat is not complicated to make.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
Apple Crumble Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Prepare a 9×13 inch glass baking dish by greasing with 2 tablespoons butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together until fluffy, the sugar, and the rest of the butter
- Beat in 1 egg at a time.
- In another bowl, using a sifter, sift together flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Add half of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix well, mix in the vanilla and sour cream, mix well, Add the other half of the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Fold in apples.
- In prepared baking dish, pour the mixture and spread to an even layer.
For the Crumble Topping:
- In a small mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir to mix well.
- Cut in butter to create coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping on top of the batter.
- In preheated oven, bake 35 – 40 minutes or until set and golden browned
- Take out of oven and place pan on a cooling rack for a minimum of 10 minutes.
You May also Like:
- Simple Italian Sponge Cake
- Best Grilled Barbecue Ribs
- Quick and Easy Garlic Knots
- Best Au Gratin Scalloped Potatoes
- Spicy Jalapeno Hush Puppies