Asian Braised Beef Short Ribs Recipe
Asian Braised Beef Short Ribs. Short Ribs are one of the most delicious cuts of beef.
They’re rich, hearty and packed with flavor. This savory dish is made in the slow cooker using vegetable broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, ginger, potato starch and green onion tops.
Cooked in the slow cooker for four hours until they’re melt-in-your-mouth tender.
Try Asian Braised Beef Short Ribs tonight!
If you’re looking for a new and delicious dish, these ribs will not disappoint. The dish is rich and packed with flavor. It’s also made in the slow cooker so it’s super easy to make!
This dinner is easy to make, and it’s so delicious!
Make it for your family, or your next dinner party. It’s also a great option for Game Day! You’re guests will be thrilled with the flavorful meal.
This hearty dish is savory, filling, and satisfying!
Asian Braised Beef Short Ribs will have your family or guests coming back for seconds.
Check out our other Slow Cooker Recipes, we’ve got you covered with all of your satisfying dinner needs.
If you’re looking for an even easier way to get these dishes on the table fast, try one of our Instant Pot recipes instead.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
Don’t have a Slow Cooker? This is the one we use, and recommend:
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Asian Braised Beef Short Ribs
- 6 beef short ribs or more to taste
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp ginger finely graded
- 1 tbsp potato starch
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 2 green onion tops thinly sliced
- Season both sides of the ribs using salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium/high heat.
- Add sesame oil and olive oil.
- Add short ribs, in batches, and brown all sides of each
- In the slow cooker, add browned short ribs.
- In a mixing bowl, add vegetable broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, crushed red pepper flakes, and garlic. Stir to mix well
- In the slow cooker, pour over the short ribs
- Cover, set to High heat, and cook approx 4 hours.
- Remove the short ribs from the slow cooker
- Transfer the sauce to a saucepan over medium/low heat.
- Cook to reduce sauce, approx 5 minutes
- Using a spoon, remove grease from the top of the sauce
- In a small mixing bowl, add potato starch and water, stir to mix until smooth
- Add potato starch paste to the sauce, and stir to mix
- Cook approx 1 – 3 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Pour the sauce on top of the short ribs.
- Garnish with green onions
You May also Like:
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Hamburgers
- Irresistible Honey Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Dip
- Salted Caramel Almond Cupcakes
- Best Banana Bread (Without Nuts)
- Grilled Garlic Parmesan Zucchini