Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Recipe
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Recipe Bacon lovers rejoice!
This recipe is a deliciously creative way to combine two of the world’s most famous foods, bacon and chicken.
It’s a tasty chicken recipe that packs some protein, with the added bonus of bacon!
This low carb dinner is made by stuffing boneless skinless chicken breasts with spinach, ricotta cheese, garlic salt, onion powder and Italian seasoning before wrapping them in crispy bacon to seal in all those flavors inside.
You can’t go wrong with bacon wrapped anything. The salty, smoky flavors of the crispy bacon will infuse into your chicken and make it taste even more delicious than usual.
There’s nothing like a savory bacon wrapped stuffed chicken recipe to make your kids eat some spinach.
This dish is sure to please any dinner guest or family member.
Make this recipe tonight for dinner; you won’t regret it.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 bag (10oz) fresh spinach washed
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ½ container (15oz) ricotta cheese
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 8 slices thick sliced bacon
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prepare a 9×13 baking dish by oiling lightly.
- In a large skillet, over medium/high heat, add olive oil.
- In the preheated skillet, add garlic. Stir and cook approx 30 seconds or until it starts to brown.
- Immediately add in spinach, stir and cook until spinach wilts.
- Move the mix to a mixing bowl and set aside for later.
- Prepare the chicken breasts by cutting horizontally, leaving about ½ inch of one side attached.
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap on a flat surface, place chicken on the plastic wrap. Open the sliced chicken breast so it lays flat like an open book. Place another sheet of plastic wrap on top of the chicken.
- Using a meat mallet, pound the chicken until it is approx ¼ inch thick
- In the bowl with the wilted spinach, add parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and onion powder. Stir to mix well
- Spoon even amounts of filling on top of the chicken breasts.
- Roll up the chicken like a burrito.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each chicken roll with 2 bacon strips, and using toothpicks, secure them in place.
- In prepared baking pan, place the chicken.
- In preheated oven, bake chicken approx 45 – 60 minutes or until the bacon is crisp, and the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
- Take out of the oven and let rest 5 – 10 minutes.
- To serve, remove the toothpicks
You May also Like:
- Simple Italian Sponge Cake
- Best Grilled Barbecue Ribs
- Quick and Easy Garlic Knots
- Best Au Gratin Scalloped Potatoes
- Spicy Jalapeno Hush Puppies