Quick and Easy Stove-top Shepherd’s Pie Recipe with Ground Beef
I love a classic shepherd’s pie, but sometimes I don’t have the patience to make it from scratch. That is when this stove-top version comes in handy! It only takes about 30 minutes and is just as delicious.
Shepherd’s pie is a classic comfort food dish that has been around for centuries. This recipe is perfect for those days when you don’t have much time to spend cooking but still want to enjoy family dinner together.
Quick and Easy Stove-top Shepherd’s Pie Recipe with Ground Beef. This classic comfort food recipe is an easier option when you need a fast meal.
This version is made with potatoes, ground beef, corn, peas, carrots, vegetable soup, whole milk, salted butter, salt, and paprika. There are a few steps to the process, but it’s easy all the same.
It’s gluten free, kid-friendly, and most of all, delicious! A great, filling dinner for cold Fall and Winter nights.
What is Shepherd’s Pie
Shepherd’s pie is a dish that has been eaten for centuries and is still popular today. It was first created in the early 1800s, when people would use up leftovers from cooking meat pies by adding mashed potatoes to make it more filling.
Today we find many variations of Shepherd’s Pie such as vegetarian, lamb or beef.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Stovetop Shepherd’s Pie
- Peel potatoes and cube
- In a sauce pan, add potatoes and water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until a fork will easily go through the potato.
- In a large non-stick skillet, add ground beef. Brown over medium/high heat. Salt to taste
- Using a colander, drain fat off of ground beef. Return to skillet.
- In the skillet, add in drained corn, drained peas, drained carrots, and vegetable soup,
- Cook over medium/medium high heat stirring often until thickened.
- Drain water off of potatoes.
- Add milk and butter to potatoes.
- Using a potato masher, mash potatoes.
- Using a hand mixer, beat potatoes until smooth. Salt to taste while beating.
- In a serving dish, add ground beef mixture. Top with potatoes. Smooth the top.
- Sprinkle top with paprika
You May also Like:
- Best Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Copycat Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper
- Chicken Cranberry and Brie Pizza
- Easy Skillet Apple Pie
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake