Barbecue Chicken Calzones (The Ultimate Comfort Food) Recipe
Barbecue Chicken Calzones (The Ultimate Comfort Food) Recipe. If you’re craving some warm and savory comfort food, check out our Italian Calzones with an American twist recipe!
Filled with juicy shredded chicken, crispy bacon, and gooey melted cheese, all wrapped in a crispy pizza crust, these calzones are the perfect indulgence for any occasion.
The addition of zesty barbeque sauce and fresh cilantro brings a burst of flavor to each bite, making these calzones irresistible to even the pickiest eaters.
Not only are these Barbecue Chicken Calzones incredibly delicious, but they’re also easy to make!
With simple instructions and common ingredients, you can whip up a batch of these calzones in no time.
Whether you’re looking for a cozy dinner on a chilly night, or an easy dish to impress your friends at your next gathering, these calzones are sure to hit the spot.
The beauty of these calzones is their versatility. You can easily customize the recipe to suit your personal preferences by adding or substituting different ingredients.
Whether you’re a fan of spicy peppers or prefer a vegetarian option, you can easily make these calzones your own.
So, next time you’re in the mood for some delicious comfort food, give them a try.
Italian Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Appetizer
Homemade Gluten Free Pizza Crust
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Barbecue Chicken Calzones (The Ultimate Comfort Food)
- 4 slices bacon
- ½ small onion chopped
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken breast meat
- ⅔ cup barbeque sauce
- 1 can (10oz) refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Cook bacon until crisp in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain on paper towels and crumble.
- Add shredded chicken and chopped onions to the bacon grease in the skillet. Fry over medium heat until onions are tender.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in 1/3 cup of barbeque sauce. Add the crumbled bacon to the mixture.
- Roll out pizza crust dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Press out to an even thickness and cut in half.
- Divide the chicken mixture between the two pieces of dough, spreading it only on one half of each piece to within 1/2 inch of the edge.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce over the filling and sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.
- Fold the uncovered portion of dough over the filling and press the edges together with a fork to seal.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until browned to your liking.
- Cool for a few minutes, then cut each calzone in half. Each serving is half of a calzone.
- Serve with additional barbeque sauce if desired.
You May also Like:
- Mouthwatering Homemade Beef Enchiladas
- Irresistible Baked Meatballs
- Ultimate Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- Crispy and Delicious Buttermilk Chicken Fingers
- Quick and Easy Banana Fritters for a Sweet Treat