Italian Pepperoni Pizza Casserole Recipe
Italian Pepperoni Pizza Casserole Recipe. If you love pizza, and pasta, this is the dinner for you! We’ve combine the two to make the ultimate comfort food!
This meal is made with pepperoni, ground beef, onion, bell pepper, garlic, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, pasta sauce, mushrooms, Rigatoni pasta, and Mozzarella cheese.
This hearty dish is kid friendly, and adult friendly too!
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
What to serve with
One Pan Chocolate Fudge Cake
This is the easiest chocolate cake ever invented!
Blueberry Almond Cookies
An easy 35 minute recipe.
Zucchini Bread with Chocolate Chips
Zucchini bread is a great breakfast, dessert, or snack that can be eaten at any time of year.
Chocolate Coconut No-Bake Cookies
A super easy dessert recipe you can make without turning on the oven.
Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad
This salty and sweet treat is to die for!
2 Ingredient NUTELLA® Crescent Rolls
A quick and easy breakfast or dessert recipe the whole family will love!
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Italian Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 pound pepperoni divided
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- seasoned salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups pasta sauce
- 1 can (4oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3-4 cups rigatoni pasta cooked firm-tender and drained
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- Prepare a 9×13 inch baking dish by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Chop ½ pound of the pepperoni. Set aside for later.
- Place a medium sized skillet over medium/high heat.
- In the skillet, add ground beef, onions, green peppers, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook until ground beef is browned, and onions and peppers are tender.
- Using a colander, drain off grease, then return ground beef mixture to skillet.
- In the ground beef mixture, stir in the Parmesan cheese, and the ½ pound chopped pepperoni you prepared earlier.
- Stir in the pasta sauce, and mushrooms until just combined.
- Simmer approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 350° F
- In the prepared baking dish, add the cooked pasta, and spread to an even layer.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese evenly on top of the pasta.
- Place an even layer of the remaining pepperoni slices on top of the mozzarella cheese.
- Evenly spread the ground beef mixture on top of the pepperoni.
- In preheated oven, bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Evenly sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly
- Remove from oven, and let stand for approximately 10 minutes.
You May also Like:
- Best Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Copycat Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper
- Chicken Cranberry and Brie Pizza
- Easy Skillet Apple Pie
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake