Beef Tips with Gravy and Rice Recipe
Beef Tips with Gravy and Rice Recipe.
A hearty, comfort food dinner recipe made with sirloin beef tips, green bell pepper, yellow onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, seasoned salt, ground black pepper, and flour.
Served over rice, this meal will satisfy even the picky eater.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Beef Tips with Gravy and Rice
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 lbs sirloin tip steak cut into 1-inch cubes
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tbsp olive oil divided
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- hot cooked rice
- Place a large dutch oven over medium/high heat.
- Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic.
- Cook until tender, approx 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, add beef tips and ⅓ cup flour. Toss to coat well.
- In the dutch oven, add 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add beef tips and cook, stirring occasionally until all sides are browned, approx 10 minutes.
- Return the vegetables to the dutch oven.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, 4 cups water, seasoned salt, and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover leaving a vent, and simmer approx 1 hour.
- In a small mixing bowl, add ⅓ cup cold water. Using a wire whisk, whisk in 3 tablespoons flour.
- In the dutch oven, stir in the flour mix and cook approx 3 minutes or until gravy thickens.
- Serve over cooked rice.
You May also Like:
- Simple Italian Sponge Cake
- Best Grilled Barbecue Ribs
- Quick and Easy Garlic Knots
- Best Au Gratin Scalloped Potatoes
- Spicy Jalapeno Hush Puppies