Bourbon Street Chicken Recipe
Bourbon Street Chicken Recipe.
A tasty Chinese Dinner recipe created on Bourbon Street in New Orleans, this sweet and delicious.
This version doesn’t use bourbon as some versions do.
I prefer this version. Easy to make and it only uses one skillet.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and heat.
- Add chicken in the heated skillet, and cook until it's lightly browned.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, add garlic, light brown sugar, ketchup, cider vinegar, crushed red pepper flakes, soy sauce, water, ginger, and apple juice.
- Heat while stirring until the ingredients are dissolved and well combined.
- Bring to a full boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer for 20 minutes, adding chicken back in after 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
You May also Like:
- Quick and Easy Garlic Knots
- Best Au Gratin Scalloped Potatoes
- Spicy Jalapeno Hush Puppies
- Best Garlic Cheese Bread (Quick and Easy)
- Easy Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes