Slow Cooker Texas Style Pulled Pork Recipe
Slow Cooker Texas Style Pulled Pork Recipe.
This is an easy recipe made with pork shoulder roast, apple cider vinegar, chicken broth, barbecue sauce, yellow mustard, brown sugar, chili powder, garlic, onion, thyme, and Worcestershire sauce.
This Crock Pot meal is perfect for busy nights, game day, or your next party.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
- If you don’t have a Slow Cooker, this is the one we recommend:
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Slow Cooker Texas Style Pulled Pork
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 lb pork shoulder roast
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 tbsp prepared yellow mustard
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 large cloves garlic crushed
- 1 extra large onion chopped
- 1 ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 hamburger buns
- 2 tbsp butter or as needed
- In the slow cooker, add vegetable oil.
- Add the pork
- Add the apple cider vinegar, chicken broth, and barbecue sauce,
- Add mustard, brown sugar, chili powder, garlic, onion, thyme, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to mix.
- Cover the slow cooker and set to HIGH temperature. Cook 5 to 6 hours or until easily shredded using a fork.
- Take the pork roast out of the slow cooker. (Leave the juices for later)
- Using shredding claws, or 2 forks, shred the pork.
- Place the pork back in the slow cooker and stir to coat well with the juice.
- Open the hamburger buns and spread butter on the inside of each.
- Place a skillet over medium heat.
- Place hamburger buns butter side down and cook until golden.
- Place a serving of pork on each hamburger bun.
You May also Like:
- Best Au Gratin Scalloped Potatoes
- Spicy Jalapeno Hush Puppies
- Best Garlic Cheese Bread (Quick and Easy)
- Easy Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Chicken Artichoke and Mushrooms Skillet