Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Chicken Pot Pie Recipe.
A Southern homestyle classic that’s the perfect comfort food dinner!
This kid friendly meal will be a hit in your home.
Hearty, and full of flavor, you can customize to your taste.
Change up the vegetables.
A great freezer meal!
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Chicken Pot Pie
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- In a saucepan, add carrots, chicken, celery, and peas.
- Add enough water to cover, bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Using a colander, drain off the water, leave in colander, and set aside for later.
- In a the saucepan, add butter, and onions. over medium heat, cook onions until translucent and tender.
- Stir in the celery seed, salt, pepper, and flour.
- Using a wire whisk, slowly whisk in the milk and chicken broth.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thickened. Remove pan from heat and set aside for later.
- In the pie crust, add prepared chicken mix on the bottom.
- Add gravy mixture by pouring over the top of the chicken mix.
- Place the crust top over the pie, pinch the edges to seal. Trim any excess dough. Using a knife, make slits in the top to let steam release.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 – 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit for approx 10 minutes.
You May also Like:
- Best Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Copycat Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper
- Chicken Cranberry and Brie Pizza
- Easy Skillet Apple Pie
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake