Cider Syrup Topped Pumpkin Waffles Recipe
Cider Syrup Topped Pumpkin Waffles Recipe.
In the fall, there is nothing better than pumpkin spice waffles topped with warm apple cider syrup.
The smell of this breakfast will fill your home and make you want to curl up on the couch for a few minutes before starting your day.
This delicious breakfast recipe is made with flour, ground cinnamon, ground allspice, ground ginger, brown sugar, canned pumpkin, milk, eggs and butter.
The syrup is made of sugar, cornstarch, ground cinnamon, apple cider, lemon juice, and butter. The syrup is even great on regular pancakes if you don’t have any pumpkin.
You can make these even more delicious, by adding chopped walnuts or apple pieces if you have them available.
These pancakes are a great option for Thanksgiving morning. The whole family will love this breakfast!
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
- Don’t have a Waffle Iron? This is the one we use, and recommend:
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Pumpkin Waffles with Apple Cider Syrup Recipe
For the Waffles:
For the Waffles:
- Preheat the waffle maker according to the manufacturer's directions.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, allspice, cinnamon, brown sugar, ginger, and salt. Stir to mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl, Add pumpkin, egg yolks, and milk. Stir to mix well.
- In a small mixing bowl, add egg whites. Using a whisk, whisk eggs until peaks form.
- Stir the ¼ cup melted butter and flour mix into the pumpkin mix. Stir until just combined.
- Using a spatula, fold ⅓ of the egg whites into the pumpkin mix. Stir gentle to combine.
- Fold in the rest of the egg whites
- In the preheated waffle iron, cook waffles according to the manufacturer's directions.
TO MAKE THE SYRUP:
- In a saucepan, add sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch. Stir to mix.
- Stir in the lemon juice, and apple cider.
- Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Allow syrup to boil until it thickens.
- Take off heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter. Stir to melt and combine.
- Serve warm over waffles
You May also Like:
- Simple Italian Sponge Cake
- Best Grilled Barbecue Ribs
- Quick and Easy Garlic Knots
- Best Au Gratin Scalloped Potatoes
- Spicy Jalapeno Hush Puppies