The Perfect Key Lime Cheesecake Recipe
The Perfect Key Lime Cheesecake is perfect for summertime cookouts or anytime!
The recipe includes sugar, sour cream, all-purpose flour and eggs which combine to make this creamy and tangy cheesecake that will be sure to please any guest at your party.
Key Lime Cheesecake is perfect anytime when you want to have a refreshing dessert.
It’s easy enough for beginners and delicious enough for experts!
What are Key Limes
Key limes are less acidic than other types of limes so they do not need as much sweetener in order to taste just right.
You can find key lime juice in most grocery stores, and you can also find them in the fresh produce section next to the other citrus fruit.
Why not give this unique twist on a classic dessert a try?
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
- Don’t have a Hand Mixer? This is the one we use, and recommend:
The Perfect Key Lime Cheesecake
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs finely ground
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1¼ lbs cream cheese softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup key lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- In a mixing bowl, add graham cracker crumbs and 2 tablespoons of sugar, stir to mix.
- Stir in butter and mix well
- In a spingform pan, press the mixture on the bottom, and up the sides.
- In preheated oven, bake for 8 minutes. Leave the oven on when you remove the pan.
- Place pan on a cooling rack
For the Filling:
- In a large mixing , add cream cheese.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat in ¾ cup sugar until well blended.
- Beat in one egg until well blended, then beat in the next egg until well blended, and then the 3rd egg.
- Add sour cream, lime juice, flour, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Pour the key lime filling into the springform pan.
- In preheated oven, bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250° F and bake 50 – 55 minutes or until the center has barely set.
- Place on cooling rack.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight
- Remove the springform pan from the cheesecake.
- Place cheesecake on a cake platter or a cake stand.
You May also Like:
- Mouthwatering Homemade Beef Enchiladas
- Irresistible Baked Meatballs
- Ultimate Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- Crispy and Delicious Buttermilk Chicken Fingers
- Quick and Easy Banana Fritters for a Sweet Treat