How to Make Homemade Animal Crackers Recipe
How to Make Homemade Animal Crackers Recipe.
An easy dessert or snack recipe made with rolled oats, flour, salt, baking soda, butter, honey, and buttermilk.
This kid friendly classic is easier than you would expect.
If you’re looking for the perfect recipe to make with your little one, then this is it.
These homemade animal crackers are not only easy to make but they taste great!
Kids love animal crackers, but the store-bought version is full of artificial ingredients and a ton of added sugar.
With just a few simple pantry staples, you can make your own homemade animal crackers.
These are perfect for busy moms who want to avoid all those unnecessary additives or for kids with food allergies. They’re also great as an after school snack.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
- Do you need Animal Cracker Cookie Cutters? Check out this cute set!
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
How to Make Homemade Animal Crackers
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- In a food processor, add rolled oats and grind until a fine consistency.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add processed rolled oats, flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir to mix well
- Using a pastry blender, cut in butter, until the lumps are pea sized.
- Add honey and buttermilk, and stir until well blended and a stiff dough forms.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and turn out dough
- Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to ⅛ inch thick.
- Using mini animal shaped cookie cutters, cut out cookies
- Place the cut out cookies on a cookie sheet approx 1 inch apart.
- In preheated oven, bake 5 – 7 minutes or until the edges are browned lightly.
- Using a spatula, transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container
You May also Like:
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake
- Easy Copycat Chex Mix
- Quick and Easy Italian Bruschetta
- Copycat Denny’s French Toast
- Copycat Auntie Anne’s Soft Pretzels