Homemade Bacon Jam Recipe
Homemade Bacon Jam Recipe.
A to die for jam made with onions, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, garlic, bourbon whiskey, sherry vinegar, maple syrup, and brewed coffee.
Great for breakfast, brunch or dinner!
This recipe will be a favorite for the bacon lover in your family!
Goes great on waffles, toast, English muffins, pancakes, or Cheeseburgers!
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
Don’t have a Food Processor? This is the one we use, and recommend:
What goes with Bacon Jam?
Use in Meatloaf
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Homemade Bacon Jam
- Heat a large saucepan at medium/high heat.
- Add bacon, cook stirring often approx 10 minutes or until bacon begins to brown.
- Drain grease leaving approx ¼ in the pan.
- Add onion to the bacon in the saucepan and cook, stirring often approx 10 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Add brown sugar and stir to mix well.
- Cook, stirring often approx 5 minutes or until the onions are coated and sticky.
- Stir in in cayenne pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring often approx 5 minutes or until garlic becomes soft.
- Stir in whiskey, sherry vinegar, maple syrup, and coffee.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally approx 35 minutes or until thickened and slightly wet.
- Stir in the ketchup
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove pan from heat and allow to cool.
- In a food processor, add bacon jam pulse until it forms a spreadable jam that's a bit chunky.
- Will last in the refrigerator for 2 weeks when stored in an airtight container.
You May also Like:
- Simple Italian Sponge Cake
- Best Grilled Barbecue Ribs
- Quick and Easy Garlic Knots
- Best Au Gratin Scalloped Potatoes
- Spicy Jalapeno Hush Puppies