Homemade Buttery Crescent Rolls Recipe
Homemade Buttery Crescent Rolls Recipe . If you’re in the mood for some freshly baked crescent rolls, but don’t want to go to the store, have no fear! With just a few simple ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen right now, you can make your own crescent rolls at home.
This delicious bread recipe is easier to make than you would think. Made with active dry yeast, water, sugar, salt, eggs, butter, and flour.
This recipe makes 20 rolls, so it’s cheaper than buying the pre-made dough in your grocery store.
What are Crescent Rolls
Crescent rolls are a type of pastry that is typically made with puff pastry dough. The dough is rolled into a large rectangle, then cut into triangles. The triangles are then rolled up and placed on a baking sheet.
Crescent rolls are the perfect comfort food for a chilly winter day. Try making your own crescent rolls at home! You’ll be surprised how easy they are to make.
2 Ingredient NUTELLA® Crescent Rolls
Onion Cheddar Soda Bread Without a Bread Machine
Easy Popeye’s 7-Up Biscuits Copycat
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Homemade Buttery Crescent Rolls
- 2 package (.25oz each) active dry yeast
- ¾ cup warm water 110° F
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter softened
- In a large mixing bowl, add warm water and yeast. Let dissolve.
- Stir in 2 cups flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and salt.
- Beat until mixture becomes smooth.
- Add the other 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth.
- Turn out dough on a flat surface, and knead dough.
- Return dough to bowl, and cover with a dish towel. Place bowl in a warm place and let rise for approximately 1½ hours or until it doubles in size.
- Prepare a baking sheet by greasing.
- Punch down the dough then separate into 2 equal pieces.
- Roll out the dough sections into 12 inch circles.
- Coat with butter.
- Cut dough into approximately 12 triangle wedges.
- Roll triangles starting on the wide side and rolling to the small point.
- On the prepared baking sheet, place the rolls.
- Cover with a dish towel and allow to rise for approximately 1 hour, or until rolls double in size.
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- In preheated oven, bake approximately 12 to 15 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown.
- Using a basting brush, brush the top of the rolls with butter.
You May also Like:
- Finger-Lickin’ Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Brisket
- Mouthwatering Homemade Beef Enchiladas
- Irresistible Baked Meatballs
- Ultimate Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- Crispy and Delicious Buttermilk Chicken Fingers