Onion Cheddar Soda Bread without a Bread Machine Recipe
If you’re a bread-lover, this recipe is one that you’ll want to get your hands on right away. It’s an onion cheddar soda bread without a bread machine and it’s incredibly simple to make.
All of the ingredients can be found in most kitchens, and the best part? You don’t have to wait for hours while it bakes!
This means that there are fresh slices of warm loaf just waiting for you at any time of day or night.
Onion Cheddar Soda Bread Without a Bread Machine is an easy and savory bread made with bread flour, baking powder, salt, butter, powdered sugar, buttermilk, cheddar cheese, and finely chopped onions.
It has a 15 minute prep time and it’s ready in 45 minutes.
It doesn’t have yeast so there’s no rising time needed.
This bread freezes well if you want to double the batch.
It pairs really well with soup.
What are you waiting for? Grab your ingredients and let’s get baking!
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
Don’t have a Stand Mixer? This is the one we use, and recommend:
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Onion Cheddar Soda Bread
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add bread flour.
- Whisk in baking powder, and salt to combine well
- Using a hand mixer, or stand mixer, add butter, and beat in, beat in powdered sugar, and buttermilk for form a dough
- Add cheddar cheese and onion, and gently mix in.
- Using a knife, cut the dough in half
- Form the halves into 2 balls
- On the prepared baking sheet, place the two dough balls
- Press to flatten the dough until it's approx 2 inches in thickness
- Dust the tops of the dough with flour
- In preheated oven, bake approx 30 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack to partially cool.
- Serve bread warm
You May also Like:
- Easy Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
- Best Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Copycat Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper
- Chicken Cranberry and Brie Pizza
- Easy Skillet Apple Pie