Homemade Whole Grain Waffles Recipe
Homemade Whole Grain Waffles Recipe. Healthier waffles made with applesauce, egg, skim milk, whole wheat pastry flour, flax seed meal, wheat germ, a little all-purpose flour, and just 1 tablespoon of sugar.
You can enjoy these tasty waffles for breakfast, brunch, or have breakfast for dinner!
Add your favorite syrup, or fresh berries.
The whole family will love this kid-friendly meal, and they won’t know it’s healthy!
Quick and Easy 15 minute recipe.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
- Don’t have a Waffle Iron? This is the one we use, and recommend:
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Homemade Whole Grain Waffles
- Preheat waffle iron
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs. Whisk in canola oil, milk, vanilla, and applesauce.
- Using a hand mixer, beat in whole wheat flour, wheat germ, flax seed meal, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Beat until smooth.
- Prepare waffle iron by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Carefully pour batter on prepared waffle iron and cook until waffle is golden and crispy.
- Repeat for the rest of the batter.
You May also Like:
- Simple Italian Sponge Cake
- Best Grilled Barbecue Ribs
- Quick and Easy Garlic Knots
- Best Au Gratin Scalloped Potatoes
- Spicy Jalapeno Hush Puppies