Irish Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe
Irish Corned Beef and Cabbage is a classic dish that’s all about bringing simple ingredients together to create something really tasty.
It stars corned beef, which gets super tender after cooking. You’ll also toss in some vegetables – think carrots, onions, potatoes, and of course, cabbage.
Each of these adds its own flavor and texture, making the dish well-rounded and filling. It’s the kind of meal that warms you up and fills you up, ideal for a cozy night in.
No need for fancy spices or complicated steps here; we’re keeping it straightforward and satisfying.
Whether you’re cooking for a crowd on St Patrick’s Day, or just whipping up something hearty for dinner, this recipe has got you covered.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
Experience the ultimate convenience and style with the STANLEY Adventure Quencher Travel Tumbler 40oz, the must-have item of the year! Keep your drinks perfectly chilled or steaming hot all day, making every adventure more enjoyable.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Irish Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 3 pound corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 10 small red potatoes cut in half
- 5 medium carrots peel and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 large head cabbage cut into small wedges.
- Place the corned beef in a large pot.
- Cover the beef with water.
- Add the spice packet that comes with the corned beef to the pot.
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Let the beef simmer for 50 minutes per pound of meat.
- After the beef has simmered, add chopped carrots, onions, and potatoes to the pot.
- Let these vegetables simmer with the beef for about 15 minutes.
- Then, add cabbage wedges to the pot.
- Continue to simmer everything for another 15 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are tender, remove the pot from the heat.
- Take the beef out of the pot and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
You May also Like: