Italian Fusilli Pasta Caprese Recipe
Italian Fusilli Pasta Caprese Recipe.
A delicious pasta recipe that’s great for lunch or dinner.
Cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, and basil, the perfect flavor combination!
Quick and easy, ready in 20 minutes.
Quick and Easy Recipes
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Italian Fusilli Pasta Caprese
- 1 lb fusilli
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 2 cup packed fresh basil leaf torn
- 8 ozs fresh mozzarella cheese diced
- In a large pot, add water and heat on high. Bring to a boil.
- Add Fusilli and cook approx. 8 – 10 minutes or until tender but firm.
- Using a colander, drain water off pasta, reserving ½ cup of the water.
- Transfer cooked Fusilli to a large bowl.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add oil.
- Add garlic to skillet and saute approx 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add in tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- When softened, smash tomatoes with the back of a fork.
- Cook an additional 4 minutes to make a chunky sauce
- Pour the tomatoes onto the pasta.
- Toss to combine
- Add mozzarella cheese, and basil. Stir to mix
- Stir in the reserved ¼ cup of water from pasta.
You May also Like:
- Favorite Blooming Onion with Sauce
- 5 Ingredient Homemade Root Beer
- Baked Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Broiled Banana Splits (Quick and Delicious Dessert)
- Melt in Your Mouth Barbecue Pork Ribs