Maple Brown Sugar Candied Bacon Recipe
Maple Brown Sugar Candied Bacon Recipe.
Delicious salty and sweet bacon!
This baked bacon makes a great appetizer, or side dish served at breakfast, brunch, or dinner.
Sometimes called Pig Candy, it’s made with caramelized brown sugar and maple sugar.
Perfect side dish for any breakfast or brunch recipe, on a salad, on deviled eggs, or your favorite chicken sandwich.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Maple Brown Sugar Candied Bacon
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with aluminum foil.
- Place a wire cooling rack on top of the baking sheet.
- Arrange bacon on the wire cooling rack that's on the baking sheet, in a single layer.
- In preheated oven, bake 10 minutes. Flip bacon and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a small mixing bowl, add brown sugar, maple syrup, rice vinegar, and black pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Take baking sheet out of the oven and using a basting brush, brush the prepared sugar mix on both sides of each slice of bacon.
- Place back in oven and bake 5 minutes.
- Repeat the basting process every 5 minutes for approx 35 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and browned.
You May also Like:
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake
- Easy Copycat Chex Mix
- Quick and Easy Italian Bruschetta
- Copycat Denny’s French Toast
- Copycat Auntie Anne’s Soft Pretzels