Penne with Broccoli and Garlic Cheese Sauce Recipe
Penne with Broccoli and Garlic Cheese Sauce Recipe.
A quick and easy pasta dinner.
This recipe uses only one pot for less cleanup!
The creamy cheese sauce is made of cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, flour, and evaporated milk.
Pasta is always a great comfort food meal!
Kid-friendly dinner idea.
Quick and Easy Recipes
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Penne with Broccoli and Garlic Cheese Sauce
- 8 cloves garlic
- 3 cups broccoli florets – small
- 6 oz penne pasta
- 2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1½ oz cheddar cheese – reduced-fat grated
- 1½ oz parmesan cheese freshly grated
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- In a large pot, add water and boil.
- Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes, or until soft.
- Remove garlic using a slotted spoon. Mince garlic and set aside for later.
- Using the same pot of boiling water, add broccoli.
- Cook the broccoli for 3 minutes until it is just softened and bright green.
- Remove the broccoli using a slotted spoon, set aside for later.
- Using the same pot of boiling water, add penne and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender.
- Using a colander, drain the water off of the pasta.
- Meanwhile, using a large non-stick skillet add milk and flour
- Using a wire whisk, whisk until flour is fully blended and dissolved.
- Over medium heat, cook, whisking constantly for 4 minutes or until the sauce bubbles and has thickened.
- Stir in the minced garlic.
- Reduce to low heat.
- Add in Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Stir constantly until the cheese melts.
- Add in the penne and broccoli.
- Stir until heated.
You May also Like:
- Mouthwatering Homemade Beef Enchiladas
- Irresistible Baked Meatballs
- Ultimate Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- Crispy and Delicious Buttermilk Chicken Fingers
- Quick and Easy Banana Fritters for a Sweet Treat