Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta with Chicken Sausage Recipe
Pumpkin isn’t just for dessert! This is a great dish to make in the fall. It’s creamy, comforting and perfect for those cool nights when you need something to warm up your insides.
The pumpkin puree gives this dish a lovely color that will be a welcome addition to your autumn table! Plus, it tastes incredible too!
This recipe includes chicken sausage which adds some extra protein and makes it even more hearty.
Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta with Chicken Sausage Recipe. This savory meal is made with you favorite pasta, olive oil, onion, cumin, cajun seasoning, apple chicken sausage, pumpkin puree, alfredo sauce, milk, and Parmesan cheese.
You will only spend 10 minutes prepping this dinner, and 35 minutes cooking. Enjoy the tastes of the season!
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta with Chicken Sausage
- Place a large pot of water over medium/high heat. Salt lightly and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook approximately 11 minutes (varies depending on what type of pasta you use) or until the pasta is tender yet firm.
- Using a colander, drain water off pasta. Set aside for later.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add in onion and stir and cook approximately 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add Cajun seasoning (if using), and cumin. Stir and cook approximately 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add chicken sausage and cook approximately 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add in pumpkin, stir to mix. Cook, stirring a few times, approximately 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- In the skillet, add milk and alfredo sauce. Stir to mix well. Cook and stir approximately 5 – 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Add in cooked pasta and toss to coat.
- To serve, garnish with Parmesan cheese.
You May also Like:
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake
- Easy Copycat Chex Mix
- Quick and Easy Italian Bruschetta
- Copycat Denny’s French Toast
- Copycat Auntie Anne’s Soft Pretzels