Secret Ingredient Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe
If you’re looking for a dessert that’s not only delicious, but also easy to make, look no further than this blog post! This lemon bundt cake recipe is the perfect balance of sweet and tart. It will be loved by anyone who loves lemons or citrusy desserts.
The best part? You can whip it up in your own kitchen with just a few simple ingredients and one secret ingredient… tarragon!
This is an easy dessert made with boxed yellow cake mix, instant coconut cream pudding mix, dried tarragon, lemon-lime soda, lemon juice, eggs, and vegetable oil. You will only spend 10 minutes making this cake, and then baking 40 minutes.
It’s not too sweet, but it has a nice tangy flavor that will make your mouth water. The texture of the cake is also really dense and rich which makes it perfect to use as a dessert or even breakfast!
What is Tarragon
Tarragon is a great herb that can be used in both sweet and savory dishes. It has an earthy, peppery flavor and is commonly used in French cooking.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you want a stronger lemon tang, you can use lemon cake mix instead of the vanilla cake mix.
I prefer this cake with a glaze. You can make a vanilla glaze, or my favorite, lemon glaze.
For the lemon glaze, you will need:
1 cup of confectioner’s sugar
2 tablespoons of milk
1 tablespoon of lemon juice, or lemon extract.
Just whisk it all together! If it’s too thick, add a little more milk, and if it’s too thin, add a little more confectioner’s sugar. Then pour over the top of the cake.
Secret Ingredient Lemon Bundt Cake
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Prepare a 10 inch bundt pan by greasing and flouring.
- In a stand mixer, or a large mixing bowl, add cake mix, pudding mix, and dried tarragon powder. Stir to mix.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Slowly pour the lemon-lime soda, and lemon juice in the hole. Add the eggs and vegetable oil in the hole.
- Using the stand mixer, or a hand mixer, on low speed, beat until blended.
- Using a spatula, scrape the sides of the bowl,
- On medium speed, beat batter for 4 minutes.
- In prepared bundt pan, add the batter.
- In preheated oven, bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the thickest part of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake for 10 minutes.
- On a cooling rack, turn out cake, and allow to fully cool.
You May also Like:
- Simple Italian Sponge Cake
- Best Grilled Barbecue Ribs
- Quick and Easy Garlic Knots
- Best Au Gratin Scalloped Potatoes
- Spicy Jalapeno Hush Puppies