Simple Black Bean and Pork Stew Recipe
Simple Black Bean and Pork Stew Recipe is a hearty and satisfying dinner that’s easy to whip up.
It’s packed with rich flavors from ingredients like tender pork cubes, savory chorizo, and creamy black beans.
This stew is a fantastic choice for a filling dinner, especially on those cooler evenings when you crave something warm and comforting.
One of the great things about this stew is its versatility. You can serve it with a variety of sides. Think rice, crusty bread, or even a simple green salad to balance out the meal.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
Experience the ultimate convenience and style with the STANLEY Adventure Quencher Travel Tumbler 40oz, the must-have item of the year! Keep your drinks perfectly chilled or steaming hot all day, making every adventure more enjoyable.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Simple Black Bean and Pork Stew
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 large onion chopped
- 12 ounces pork tenderloin cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 can (19 ounce) black beans drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup water
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 3 pieces chorizo sausages cut into ½ inch thick pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- salt to tatse
- ground black pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion to the skillet. Cook until the onion becomes soft and clear.
- Take the onion out of the skillet and place it into a saucepan.
- Add another tablespoon of vegetable oil to the skillet. Turn the heat to medium-high.
- Place cubed pork in the skillet. Cook until it's well browned.
- In a blender, combine ¾ of the black beans and ¼ cup of water. Pulse until the beans are finely chopped but not completely smooth.
- Pour the whole beans and the bean puree from the blender into the saucepan.
- Add the pork cubes, chicken stock, chorizo, and bay leaves to the saucepan.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and bring everything to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover the saucepan and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking before serving.
You May also Like: