Easy Homemade Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Easy Homemade Macaroni and Cheese Recipe is your go-to recipe for a classic, comfort food dinner.
It’s simple enough for anyone to make and requires basic ingredients like butter, flour, milk, and, of course, cheese.
The star of the show is the creamy, cheesy sauce that coats the macaroni perfectly.
This dish is great on its own, but you can also pair it with a side salad or some steamed veggies for a complete meal.
If you’re in the mood to get a bit creative, feel free to add in extras like cooked bacon or breadcrumbs for a crunchy topping.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
Experience the ultimate convenience and style with the STANLEY Adventure Quencher Travel Tumbler 40oz, the must-have item of the year! Keep your drinks perfectly chilled or steaming hot all day, making every adventure more enjoyable.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Easy Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
- In a large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of butter over low heat.
- Add flour and salt to the saucepan, cooking and stirring for 1 minute.
- Slowly pour in the milk, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Mix in the cheese product and 1½ cups of shredded cheese until they melt.
- Stir the cooked macaroni into the saucepan.
- Transfer the mixture into a lightly greased 1½ quart casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and mix it with the breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle the top of the casserole with the remaining ½ cup of shredded cheese and the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until everything is hot and bubbly.
You May also Like: