Best Baked Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Best Baked Macaroni and Cheese Recipe. Indulge in the ultimate comfort food with this delicious Best Baked Macaroni and Cheese recipe.
There’s nothing quite like a warm and creamy bowl of mac and cheese on a cold evening, and this recipe will not disappoint.
With perfectly cooked pasta, a rich and cheesy sauce, and a crispy breadcrumb topping, this dish is sure to satisfy even the pickiest eaters.
The sauce is made with a combination of butter, flour, mustard, milk, onion, bay leaf, and paprika, giving it a unique and flavorful taste that sets it apart from other mac and cheese recipes.
The cheese is also a key component, with 3/4 of it melted into the sauce and the remaining 1/4 sprinkled on top of the dish for a deliciously gooey and crispy finish.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it’s easy to make, with simple and straightforward instructions that anyone can follow. Whether you’re an experienced cook or a beginner in the kitchen, you can whip up a batch of this mac and cheese in no time.
So, if you’re in the mood for a delicious and comforting meal that’s sure to please the whole family, try making this macn and cheese recipe tonight. It’s the perfect dish for any occasion, from a cozy night in to a special family dinner.
Stove-Top Macaroni And Cheese
Single Serving Macaroni And Cheese
Italian Macaroni And Cheese
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Best Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- ½ pound elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered mustard
- 3 cups milk
- ½ cup yellow onions finely diced
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 large egg
- 12 ounce shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook it until it's al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt some butter in a separate pot.
- Whisk in the flour and mustard, making sure there are no lumps, and keep stirring for about five minutes.
- Add the milk, onion, bay leaf, and paprika to the pot and simmer for ten minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and temper in the egg.
- Stir in 3/4 of the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the macaroni into the mixture and pour everything into a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Melt some butter in a saute pan and toss the breadcrumbs in it to coat.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top of the macaroni.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Once done, remove from the oven and let it rest for five minutes before serving.
You May also Like:
- Melt in Your Mouth Barbecue Pork Ribs
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Hamburgers
- Irresistible Honey Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Dip
- Salted Caramel Almond Cupcakes
- Best Banana Bread (Without Nuts)