Simple Cheddar and Broccoli Cornbread Recipe
Simple Cheddar and Broccoli Cornbread Recipe. This recipe is a must-try for anyone looking for a simple and satisfying side dish that packs a punch of flavor.
Made with a combination of creamy cottage cheese, rich butter, and wholesome eggs, this recipe is easy to make and tastes absolutely amazing.
The addition of broccoli and tangy Cheddar cheese gives this classic Southern-style cornbread a deliciously savory twist that is sure to please even the pickiest eaters.
What’s great about this recipe is that it can be customized to suit your taste preferences. If you’re a fan of spice, try adding a pinch of cayenne pepper or diced jalapeno to the batter.
Whether you’re hosting a family dinner, a potluck, or just looking for a quick and easy side dish to enjoy with your favorite soup or chili, this Cornbread is sure to impress.
So grab your apron and get ready to whip up a batch of this delicious and satisfying recipe that is sure to become a staple in your kitchen!
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
Simple Cheddar and Broccoli Cornbread
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ¾ cup butter melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 package (8.5oz) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 package (10oz) frozen chopped broccoli thawed
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese divided
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Get out a baking dish that measures 9 by 13 inches and spread some grease over the bottom and sides of it.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cottage cheese, butter, and eggs. Use a whisk or an electric mixer to beat these ingredients together until they are smooth and creamy.
- Add the cornbread mixes to the bowl, stirring gently until the mixture is just moistened. Don't over-mix, as this can make the cornbread tough.
- Add the chopped broccoli, onion, and one cup of the Cheddar cheese to the bowl. Use a spatula to fold these ingredients into the batter, being careful not to over-stir.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish, spreading it evenly. Sprinkle the remaining half-cup of Cheddar cheese over the top of the batter.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. To check if the cornbread is done, insert a toothpick into the center of the dish. If it comes out clean, the cornbread is ready.
- When the cornbread is finished baking, take it out of the oven and let it cool in the dish for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. The cornbread will be easier to cut if you let it cool slightly before serving.
You May also Like:
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake
- Easy Copycat Chex Mix
- Quick and Easy Italian Bruschetta
- Copycat Denny’s French Toast
- Copycat Auntie Anne’s Soft Pretzels