Cream of Chicken & Wild Rice Soup (Copycat Panera) Recipe
Cream of Chicken & Wild Rice Soup (Copycat Panera) Recipe is wholesome, and satisfying.
With chicken, wild rice, and a creamy soup base, it’s a hearty choice for any lunch or dinner. It’s easy to prepare and versatile, pairing well with everything from a light salad to a slice of your favorite bread.
This recipe is all about bringing a touch of comfort food to your table with minimal fuss.
Whether you’re winding down after a long day or just craving something hearty, this soup delivers warmth and flavor in every spoonful.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Copycat Panera Bread Cream of Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
- Place the chicken, broth, and water in a large pot. Set the pot over medium heat.
- Once the mixture starts boiling, add the rice. Remember to keep the seasoning packet aside for now. After adding the rice, cover the pot and turn off the heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, salt, and pepper.
- Next, heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the seasoning packet that was set aside earlier. Keep stirring until the mixture gets bubbly.
- Turn the heat to low. Now, gradually add the flour mixture to the butter. Do this a few tablespoons at a time. Keep stirring all the while, so you get a smooth mixture called a roux.
- Slowly whisk in the cream into this roux. Add it a little at a time and keep whisking until it's fully mixed in and smooth.
- Cook this cream mixture for about 5 minutes, or until it gets thicker.
- Now, it's time to add the flour and cream mixture to the broth and rice in the large pot.
- Cook everything together over medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until it's all heated through and ready to serve.
You May also Like: