Easy Skillet Apple Pie Recipe
Easy Skillet Apple Pie Recipe, a cozy and classic apple pie recipe. It’s a fantastic treat that’s surprisingly straightforward to make.
You’ll need some basic ingredients: butter, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, and, of course, sliced apples. Don’t forget the refrigerated pie crusts – these are real time-savers and work great.
Apple pie is a versatile dessert, perfect for family dinners, holiday feasts like Thanksgiving or Christmas, or just a sweet treat on a regular day.
It pairs wonderfully with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
A few tips to keep in mind: getting the crust golden brown is key. It adds that satisfying crunch and rich flavor. Also, balancing the sweetness with the right amount of cinnamon gives this pie its signature taste.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
Easy Skillet Apple Pie
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Place ½ cup butter in a 9-inch cast iron skillet.
- Put the skillet with butter in the oven until the butter melts.
- Take out the skillet and spread brown sugar over the melted butter.
- Put the skillet back in the oven to warm up while you get the apples ready.
- Take the skillet out again and lay a pie crust on top of the brown sugar.
- Put half of the sliced apples on the pie crust.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of white sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon over the apples.
- Place another pie crust on top of the apples.
- Add the rest of the apples on this crust and sprinkle with ½ cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Cover with the third crust; sprinkle ¼ cup sugar on top and dot with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Make 4 slits in the top crust for steam to get out.
- Bake in the oven until the apples are soft and the crust is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Best served warm.
You May also Like:
- Best Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Copycat Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper
- Chicken Cranberry and Brie Pizza
- Easy Skillet Apple Pie
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake