Ground Beef and Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
Ground Beef and Tater Tot Casserole Recipe . Casseroles are one of my favorite comfort foods. They’re easy to make, and they always taste delicious. This casserole is one of my favorite recipes.
It’s hearty and filling, and it’s perfect for a cold winter night. Plus, who doesn’t love tater tots?
There are a lot of variations of this dish, but this is the one I prefer.
This easy meal is made with ground beef, onion, peas, tater tots, milk, condensed cream of mushroom soup, and Cheddar cheese.
You can substitute the peas for green beans, or corn if you prefer.
It will take you 20 minutes to make, and 35 minutes to bake.
If you are looking for new and fun dinner ideas for ground beef, try this one!
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
You can substitute green beans, or corn for the peas if you prefer.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Ground Beef and Tater Tot Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place a large skillet over medium/high heat.
- In the skillet, add ground beef and onions, and brown until beef is fully cooked.
- Using a colander, drain off grease, then return beef to the skillet.
- In the skillet, add the thawed peas, and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a 2 quart casserole dish, add the ground beef mixture and spread to an even layer.
- In a small mixing bowl, add milk, and condensed cream of mushroom soup. Mix until smooth.
- Arrange the tater tots on top of the beef in an even layer, covering all of the ground beef.
- Pour the soup mixture evenly on top of the tater tot layer.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly on top of the casserole.
- In preheated oven, bake 30 – 35 minutes, or until the cheddar cheese is bubbling a little.
You May also Like:
- Simple Italian Sponge Cake
- Best Grilled Barbecue Ribs
- Quick and Easy Garlic Knots
- Best Au Gratin Scalloped Potatoes
- Spicy Jalapeno Hush Puppies