Cornbread Made in a Cast Iron Skillet Recipe
There’s nothing quite like a fresh piece of cornbread, straight out of the cast iron skillet. It’s warm, fluffy, and delicious – perfect for any occasion!
If you’re looking for an easy recipe that will wow your guests, look no further than this one.
You’ll love the fantastic flavor and crispy texture of this skillet bread. Best of all, it’s so easy to make and the end result is always delicious.
If you’ve never tried making cornbread in a cast iron skillet, you’re in for a treat.
Why make cornbread in a cast iron skillet
In the south, cornbread is a staple food. It’s served with nearly every meal, and can be enjoyed sweet or savory.
While there are many different recipes, one of the most popular methods is to make it in a cast iron skillet.
There are several reasons why this is the best way to make it.
First, the cast iron skillet retains heat well and helps ensure that it will cook evenly.
Second, the skillet gives it a nice crusty outer layer.
So if you’re looking for an authentic southern-style cornbread recipe, be sure to try it in a cast iron skillet!
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
What to serve with Cornbread
Quick and Easy Stove-top Shepherd’s Pie
This recipe is perfect for those days when you don’t have much time to spend cooking but still want to enjoy family dinner together.
Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
A delicious dinner made with poultry seasoning, brown sugar, brown spicy mustard, and cinnamon.
Maple Brown Sugar Candied Bacon
This baked bacon makes a great appetizer, or side dish served at breakfast, brunch, or dinner.
Easy Butternut Squash Soup
This recipe is so easy and delicious that you’ll be craving it all year long!
Garlic Cheddar Chicken Breast
This baked meal can be made in an hour with minimal prep time and ingredients.
Butternut Squash and Beef Stew
This hearty meal will warm you up from head to toe. The leftovers are great for lunch the next day too! This beef stew is a cozy meal the whole family will enjoy!
Southern Fried Green Tomatoes
Get out your skillet, and fry up a Southern classic!
Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Mushrooms
This is an easy dinner recipe that only has a 15 minute prep time.
- Don’t have a Cast Iron Skillet? This is the one we use, and would recommend:
Cornbread Made in a Cast Iron Skillet
- Preheat the oven to 425° F
- In the oven, place a 9 inch, cast iron skillet, to heat.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add milk and cornmeal. Stir to mix, Let sit for approximately 10 minutes to allow the cornmeal to become wet.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in the cornmeal mixture, eggs, and unsalted butter. Beat to mix until smooth.
- Take the skillet out of the oven.
- In the skillet, add vegetable oil and tilt skillet to coat well. Discard the extra oil.
- In the skillet, add the batter.
- In preheated oven, bake approximately 18 – 23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cornbread comes out clean.
You May also Like:
- Best Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Copycat Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper
- Chicken Cranberry and Brie Pizza
- Easy Skillet Apple Pie
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake