Easy Vanilla Pudding from Scratch Recipe
If you’re looking for an easy vanilla pudding recipe that doesn’t come from a box, this one is for you. It only takes a few ingredients, and it’s so much better than anything you can buy in the store. Plus, it’s really simple to make – perfect if you’re a beginner cook.
This easy recipe is made with milk, sugar, cornstarch, salt, vanilla extract, and butter. This dish only takes 20 minutes to make, and 40 minutes to chill.
There’s something about the creamy, comforting texture of pudding that just hits the spot. Plus, it’s so versatile – you can enjoy it plain or dress it up with all sorts of toppings. Today, I’m going to show you how to make classic vanilla pudding from scratch.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Easy Vanilla Pudding from Scratch
- Place a medium sized saucepan over medium heat.
- In the saucepan, add milk, stirring occasionally, heat until it begins to bubble around the edge of the pan.
- In the meantime, in a mixing bowl, add sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Stir to mix well.
- When the milk is ready, add a small amount of the sugar mixture and stir in until dissolved, Continue add a small amount at a time until all of the sugar mixture is added and dissolved.
- Keep stirring and cooking until the pudding will cling to, and coat the back of a metal spoon. Do not allow the pudding to boil.
- Take the saucepan off of the heat.
- Immediately add in butter and vanilla. Stir to mix well.
- Transfer the pudding to pudding cups, cover, and place in the refrigerator a minimum of 40 minutes to chill and set.
You May also Like:
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake
- Easy Copycat Chex Mix
- Quick and Easy Italian Bruschetta
- Copycat Denny’s French Toast
- Copycat Auntie Anne’s Soft Pretzels