Quick and Easy Mexican Chicken Tinga Recipe
Quick and Easy Mexican Chicken Tinga Recipe. This time-saving dish is perfect for those who enjoy authentic Mexican flavors but have limited time to cook.
This recipe combines tender chicken, smoky chipotle peppers, tangy adobo sauce, and ripe tomatoes to create a tasty dinner that’s ideal for busy weeknights.
Our straightforward guide makes cooking a breeze, allowing you to impress your family and friends with restaurant-quality Chicken Tinga.
By adding the flavorful chicken mixture to crispy tostada shells and topping with a dollop of sour cream and avocado slices, you’ll create a satisfying meal at home.
Quick Mexican Beef And Bean Burritos
Mexican Taco Salad With Ground Beef
Mexican Chilaquiles (Breakfast Nachos)
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Quick and Easy Mexican Chicken Tinga
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion cut into rings
- 1 can (15 ounce) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (7 ounce) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce or to taste
- 2 pounds shredded cooked chicken meat
- 16 tostada shells
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 avocado sliced
- Warm up the olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the onions into the saucepan.
- Cook the onions while stirring until they become soft and translucent, which should take around 5 minutes.
- While the onions are cooking, using an immersion blender, puree the tomatoes with the chipotle peppers and adobo sauce to taste.
- Once the onions are ready, pour the tomato mixture into the saucepan.
- Add the chicken to the saucepan
- Place a cover on the saucepan and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place a generous amount of the chicken mixture onto tostada shells.
- Add a spoonful of sour cream as a garnish.
- Finish by topping with avocado slices.
To add more heat, simply increase the amount of chipotle peppers and adobo sauce to your liking.
Yes, you can freeze leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
Feel free to get creative with your toppings! Consider adding chopped cilantro, diced onions, or crumbled queso fresco for extra flavor and texture.
You can also serve Chicken Tinga with tortillas, rice, or as a filling for tacos and burritos.
You May also Like:
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Hamburgers
- Irresistible Honey Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Dip
- Salted Caramel Almond Cupcakes
- Best Banana Bread (Without Nuts)
- Grilled Garlic Parmesan Zucchini