Baked Pasta and Roasted Vegetables Recipe
Baked Pasta and Roasted Vegetables Recipe. The perfect combination of healthy and delicious.
With its colorful array of roasted peppers, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, and onions, this dish is packed with flavor and nutrients. The tender, roasted vegetables complement the chewy pasta, creating a satisfying texture that is sure to please any palate.
One of the best things about this recipe is its simplicity. With just a few steps, you can have a hearty and flavorful meal ready in no time.
The roasted vegetables are tossed in olive oil and dried herbs, then baked until they become tender and caramelized. Meanwhile, the pasta is boiled and then combined with the vegetables, marinara sauce, cheeses, and peas.
The mixture is then baked to perfection until the top is golden and the cheese melts.
Not only is this dish easy to make, but it’s also a great way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet.
The roasted vegetables provide an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, while the pasta and cheese offer a filling and comforting meal.
Whether you’re cooking for a family dinner or meal prepping for the week, this recipe is sure to become a favorite. So give it a try and enjoy a healthy and delicious meal that you can feel good about!
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Baked Pasta and Roasted Vegetables
- 2 cremini mushrooms halved
- 2 red pepper cored and cut into 1-inch wide strips
- 2 summer squash quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 zucchini quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 yellow onion peeled and sliced into 1-inch strips
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt divided, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper divided, to taste
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup grated fontina cheese to taste
- ½ cup grated smoked mozzarella cheese to taste
- 1½ cup frozen peas thawed
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese more to taste
- 2 tablespoon butter cut into small pieces, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a baking sheet and place peppers, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, and onions on it. Add olive oil, dried herbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Toss everything together.
- Roast the vegetables for approximately 15 minutes, or until they become tender.
- Meanwhile, on high heat, bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add the pasta to the pot and cook it for about 6 minutes. Ensure that the pasta is not fully cooked because you will cook it again in the oven.
- Drain the pasta using a colander.
- In a large bowl, mix the drained pasta with the roasted vegetables, marinara sauce, cheeses, peas, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Gently stir everything together with a wooden spoon until the pasta is completely coated with the sauce and all ingredients are combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13-inch pan.
- Top the mixture with the remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan and butter pieces.
- Bake the dish for around 25 minutes, or until the top turns golden and the cheese melts.
You May also Like:
- Best Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Copycat Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper
- Chicken Cranberry and Brie Pizza
- Easy Skillet Apple Pie
- Copycat Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake