Easy Salt Potatoes from Syracuse, NY Recipe
Easy Salt Potatoes from Syracuse, NY Recipe, a side dish that brings flavor to any meal. These salt-crusted potatoes, combined with melted butter, create a delicious and satisfying dish.
With just three basic ingredients – potatoes, salt, and butter – you can prepare this delightful side in no time.
When choosing potatoes for this recipe, pick small, evenly-sized ones for consistent cooking.
Make sure to wash the potatoes well to remove any dirt. The right amount of salt is essential for that unique salt crust. Don’t hesitate to use plenty of salt – it’s what sets these potatoes apart.
While boiling the potatoes, monitor them to make sure they reach the perfect tenderness without getting too soft. Aim for a tender yet firm texture.
Once the potatoes are done, remember to cover them to keep them warm before serving.
When melting the butter, you can either use a pan on medium-high heat or simply microwave it. Drizzling the melted butter over the hot potatoes adds a rich and satisfying flavor.
This easy potato recipe is perfect as a side dish for any occasion, and it’s a great way to introduce a taste of Syracuse, NY, to your friends and family.
Rosemary Roasted Red Potatoes
Crunchy Rosemary Potatoes Recipe
Easy Twice Baked Potatoes
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Easy Salt Potatoes from Syracuse, NY
- 4 pounds new potatoes
- 1½ cup fine salt
- 8 tablespoons butter melted
- Clean the potatoes thoroughly and keep them aside.
- Take a large pot and fill it with water.
- Add salt to the water and stir until it stops dissolving and starts settling at the bottom of the pot.
- Put the potatoes in the pot.
- Heat the pot until the water begins to boil.
- Lower the heat and let the potatoes simmer for about 15 minutes, or until they are tender yet firm.
- Drain the water from the potatoes.
- Cover the potatoes to retain their warmth.
- During the potato-cooking process, heat a small pan on medium-high heat.
- Melt the butter in the pan. Alternatively, melt the butter in the microwave.
- Pour the melted butter over the hot potatoes.
- Serve the potatoes right away.
You May also Like:
- Irresistible Honey Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Dip
- Salted Caramel Almond Cupcakes
- Best Banana Bread (Without Nuts)
- Grilled Garlic Parmesan Zucchini
- Copycat Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce