Quick and Easy Bananas Foster Recipe
Quick and Easy Bananas Foster is a delightful dessert that you’ll absolutely love making for your friends and family.
It’s the perfect blend of mouth-watering ingredients, including bananas, walnuts, and a delicious sauce made from melted butter, sugar, rum, vanilla extract, and a touch of cinnamon.
You don’t need to be a master chef to whip up this tasty treat; it’s simple and hassle-free!
When choosing your bananas, it’s best to go for ones that are ripe yet firm. Overripe bananas may become too mushy when cooked.
Try toasting the walnuts before adding them to the dish for an extra crunch. And don’t be afraid to get creative with your choice of rum. A spiced or dark rum can add an interesting depth of flavor to the sauce.
When serving this dessert, a scoop of good-quality vanilla ice cream is the perfect companion. The cool creaminess of the ice cream pairs beautifully with the warm, sweet, and slightly spiced sauce, creating a heavenly combination that’s hard to resist.
So go ahead, and give this Quick and Easy Bananas Foster a try. You’ll be amazed by how effortlessly it comes together and how impressive it looks when served. It’s an exquisite treat that will become a favorite in your dessert repertoire.
Quick And Easy Banana Fritters For A Sweet Treat
Delectable Banana Stuffed Crepes
Grilled Banana Peanut Butter Sandwich
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Quick and Easy Bananas Foster
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅔ cup dark brown sugar
- 3½ tablespoons rum
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 bananas peeled and sliced lengthwise and crosswise
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Place a deep frying pan on the stove and set the heat to medium.
- Melt the butter in the pan.
- Add the sugar into the melted butter.
- Add rum to the mixture in the pan.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Sprinkle in the cinnamon and stir well.
- Wait for the mixture to start bubbling.
- Add bananas and walnuts to the bubbling mixture.
- Allow the bananas to heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Immediately serve the cooked mixture over scoops of vanilla ice cream.
Yes, you can substitute walnuts with pecans or almonds for a different taste and texture.
To make a vegan version, substitute the butter with a vegan butter alternative or coconut oil, and use a dairy-free ice cream or a coconut whipped cream for serving.
While vanilla ice cream is traditional, feel free to experiment with other flavors like caramel, chocolate, or even rum raisin to enhance the dessert.
Definitely! You can experiment with other warm spices like nutmeg, allspice, or even a pinch of ground cloves to customize the flavor of the sauce to your liking.
You May also Like:
- Irresistible Honey Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Dip
- Salted Caramel Almond Cupcakes
- Best Banana Bread (Without Nuts)
- Grilled Garlic Parmesan Zucchini
- Copycat Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce