Quick and Easy Beer and Cheddar Fondue Recipe
Quick and Easy Beer and Cheddar Fondue Recipe. This quick and easy is a comfort food appetizer that’s great for your next date night, party, Valentine’s Day, or any time!
In the mood for something cheesy and comforting? This quick and easy beer and cheddar fondue is perfect for a fun and festive appetizer or main course.
It’s simple to make with just a few ingredients, and it’s bound to please everyone at your table.
Made with sharp Cheddar cheese, all purpose flour, lager beer, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard powder.
You will have this dish ready in just 15 minutes using your fondue pot.
It’s Low Carb, with only 3 carbs per serving.
Serve it with some crusty bread, boiled potatoes, or cooked veggies for a delicious meal that everyone will love.
What is Fondue
Fondue is a Swiss dish of melted cheese served in a fondue pot, and eaten by long-stemmed forks with bread, then dipping it into the cheese.
The word fondue is from the French verb fondre (to melt). Traditional fondue recipes usually include Emmental, Gruyere, or Raclette cheeses.
Fondue is usually served with a white wine (dry white wines are traditional, but sweet ones and even Champagne are used as well). The alcohol in the wine helps to keep the cheese from separating while it’s being heated. Traditionally, fondue was made of gruyere or emmental, or a combination of both.
Fondues can be made with a wide variety of ingredients including cheese, chocolate and fruits. Some recipes use beer instead of wine to make them even more flavorful.
3 Ingredient Chili Cheese Dip
Hot Corn Dip Appetizer
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
What to serve with
Homemade Amish White Bread Without a Bread Machine
This simple, yet delicious bread is perfect for any occasion, and best of all, it’s really easy to make!
Onion Cheddar Soda Bread Without a Bread Machine
An easy and savory bread made with bread flour, baking powder, salt, butter, powdered sugar, buttermilk, cheddar cheese, and finely chopped onions.
Crunchy Rosemary Potatoes
Made with olive oil, salt, fresh ground black pepper, rosemary, and garlic.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Quick and Easy Beer and Cheddar Fondue
- 1 pound shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup lager beer
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ teaspoon mustard powder
- In a mixing bowl, add shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, and flour. Stir to mix well.
- In the fondue pot, add lager beer, and bring to a slight boil.
- Add in garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard powder. Stir to mix well.
- In the fondue pot, stir in a small amount of the cheese. As it melts, add a little more. Continue until all cheese has been added and melted.
You May also Like:
- Easy Broiled Banana Splits (Quick and Delicious Dessert)
- Melt in Your Mouth Barbecue Pork Ribs
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Hamburgers
- Irresistible Honey Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Dip
- Salted Caramel Almond Cupcakes