Three Cheese Swiss Fondue Recipe
Three Cheese Swiss Fondue Recipe. This is a great appetizer for your next party, Game Day, or Valentine’s Day.
An elegant dish, that’s so easy to make. It’s ready in just 30 minutes, so it’s a great last minute vegetarian dish.
It’s always a good time for fondue! This recipe is perfect for a cozy night in with family or friends.
With three kinds of cheese, it’s extra creamy and flavorful. It is cheesy, rich and delicious. It’s the perfect appetizer for a party or a fun weekend meal. Plus, it’s easy to make so you can focus on spending time with your loved ones.
You just need a few simple ingredients and a fondue pot. Serve with some crusty bread and dig in!
Made with Emmenthaler cheese, Gruyere cheese, Appenzeller cheese, flour, garlic, white wine, lemon juice, nutmeg, black pepper, and bread.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
What to serve with Cheese Fondue
Cubed crusty bread
Don’t have a Fondue Pot? This is the one we recommend:
Cuisinart CFO-3SS Electric Fondue Maker.
This set includes a base, a bowl, a temperature probe, 8 fondue forks, and a fork rack
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Three Cheese Swiss Fondue
- 1½ cup emmenthaler cheese shredded
- 1½ cup gruyere cheese shredded
- ½ cup appenzeller cheese shredded
- 2-3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic halved
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash kirsch (a swiss liquor) optional
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- crusty bread cut into large cubes
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add emmenthaler cheese, gruyere cheese, and appenzeller cheese. Stir to mix well.
- Add all-purpose flour and toss to mix.
- In the fondue pot, rub the garlic all around the inside of the pot.
- Turn the fondue pot to medium heat. Add dry white wine, and heat until hot, but not yet boiling. *Do not let it boil.
- Add lemon juice, and kirsch (if using). Stir to mix well.
- In the fondue pot, add approximately ¼ to ½ cup of the cheese mix, stir continuously until the cheese fully melts. Repeat in the same portions until all cheese has been added and melted.
- Continue stirring, and cooking until the mixture bubbles lightly, and becomes light and creamy.
- Add fresh ground black pepper, and ground nutmeg to taste.
- Reduce heat to serve.
You May also Like:
- Simple Italian Sponge Cake
- Best Grilled Barbecue Ribs
- Quick and Easy Garlic Knots
- Best Au Gratin Scalloped Potatoes
- Spicy Jalapeno Hush Puppies
Emmenthaler cheese, Gruyere cheese, Appenzeller cheese
If the cheese separates, use an immersion blender to mix well.
Crusty bread cut into cubes and raw, or cooked vegetables.