Mouthwatering Homemade Beef Enchiladas Recipe
Mouthwatering Homemade Beef Enchiladas Recipe. With a combination of savory ground beef, warm tortillas, gooey melted cheese, and a blend of spices, these enchiladas are a crowd-pleasing favorite that will satisfy your Mexican food cravings.
They are made with seasoned ground beef and onions cooked to perfection. This recipe is a delicious and satisfying option for any night of the week.
Adding rich Cheddar cheese, tangy sour cream, and a blend of aromatic spices like oregano, chili powder, and garlic adds layers of flavor to this classic dish.
These enchiladas are easy to assemble, making them a great choice for busy weeknights or when you’re craving something hearty and filling.
Once the tortillas are filled with the beef mixture and toppings, they’re baked until the cheese is melted and bubbly, creating a dish that will please everyone at the table.
Quick Mexican Beef And Bean Burritos
Must-Try Recipe For Beef And Bean Chimichangas
Baked Brown Sugar Apple Enchiladas
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Mouthwatering Homemade Beef Enchilada
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ¼ onion finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2½ cups enchilada sauce
- 1½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 can (15oz) black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4oz) sliced black olives drained
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook and stir ground beef with onion until meat is crumbly and no longer pink. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Drain any excess grease from the skillet.
- Stir in 1 cup of Cheddar cheese, sour cream, parsley, taco seasoning, oregano, and black pepper into the ground beef until cheese has melted.
- Add enchilada sauce, chili powder, garlic, and salt to the beef mixture. Bring to a simmer and then reduce heat to low. Simmer until meat sauce is slightly thickened, which should take about 5 minutes.
- Lay a tortilla on a work surface and spoon about 1/4 cup of meat sauce down the center of the tortilla.
- Top the meat sauce with 1 tablespoon of black beans and a sprinkling of black olives.
- Roll the tortilla up, enclosing the filling, and lay seam-side down into a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Repeat steps 6-8 with the remaining tortillas.
- Spoon any remaining meat sauce over the enchiladas and scatter any remaining black beans and black olives over the top.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of Cheddar cheese over the tortillas.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese topping is melted and enchiladas and sauce are bubbling. This should take about 20-22 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
You May also Like:
- Mouthwatering Homemade Beef Enchiladas
- Irresistible Baked Meatballs
- Ultimate Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- Crispy and Delicious Buttermilk Chicken Fingers
- Quick and Easy Banana Fritters for a Sweet Treat