Cajun Red Beans and Rice Recipe
Cajun Red Beans and Rice Recipe. Welcome to our flavorful Cajun Red Beans and Rice recipe!
This side dish or dinner is the ultimate comfort food that’s perfect for any occasion.
Imagine tender red beans simmered with a medley of aromatic veggies, zesty spices like Cajun seasoning, Andouille sausage, and fresh herbs like thyme and bay leaves.
It’s like a symphony of flavors that combine to create a delicious melody in your mouth
To make this dish, you’ll need some basic ingredients like red beans, onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, olive oil, and rice.
What sets this recipe apart is the combination of herbs and spices like bay leaves, parsley, thyme, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, and sage. These seasonings bring a depth of flavor that will keep you coming back for more.
This recipe is bursting with flavor and is perfect for any meal. So whether you’re looking for a hearty dinner or a comforting meal to serve at a family gathering, this is the perfect choice.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some links provided may be affiliate links where I may earn a commission if you purchase something after clicking on a link. No extra cost is added to you. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases made through links.
Experience the ultimate convenience and style with the STANLEY Adventure Quencher Travel Tumbler 40oz, the must-have item of the year! Keep your drinks perfectly chilled or steaming hot all day, making every adventure more enjoyable.
If you need to change the amount of servings the recipe will make, click on the number of servings in the section under the “Print Recipe” bar, and move the slider up or down to change the number of servings you want. Or to double or triple the recipe, click on the 2x or 3x next to “Ingredients”.
Cajun Red Beans and Rice
- 1 pound dry kidney beans
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 cups water
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage
- 1 pound andouille sausage sliced
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- Rinse dry kidney beans thoroughly.
- Place the beans in a large pot of water and allow them to soak overnight.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic to the skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Rinse the soaked beans and transfer them to a large pot.
- Add 6 cups of water to the pot and stir in the cooked vegetables.
- Season the mixture with bay leaves, parsley, thyme, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, and sage.
- Bring the pot to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for 2½ hours.
- After the 2½ hours, add the sausage to the pot.
- Continue to simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- To serve, place some steamed white rice on a plate and ladle the beans over it.
Yes, this recipe is spicy, but you can adjust the level of heat by adding more or less cayenne pepper.
Yes, you can substitute the rice with quinoa, couscous, or another grain of your choice.
Yes, this recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Yes, you can use a slow cooker. Just follow the instructions for sautéing the veggies on the stovetop, and then transfer everything to the slow cooker to simmer.
You May also Like: